David Beckham takes pointed swipe at estranged son Brooklyn as he praises 'loyal' son Cruz
The legendary Premier League footballer did not hold back with his praise about his youngest son
Don't Miss
Most Read
Latest
Sir David Beckham has praised his son Cruz as "fiercely loyal" in a heartfelt social media tribute marking the aspiring musician's 21st birthday.
The former England captain posted a video compilation of childhood memories on Instagram on Friday, describing his youngest son as "kind, considerate and fiercely loyal to your family, friends and everyone around you, which makes you a very special person."
He added: "Not so little anymore but the proudest thing that I am of you is the person and man that you have become."
Lady Victoria similarly celebrated the milestone, expressing pride in "the sweet, kind, talented young man" Cruz has become.
TRENDING
Stories
Videos
Your Say

David Beckham and Victoria Beckham gushed over Cruz on his birthday
|GETTY
Cruz's girlfriend Jackie Apostel also shared birthday wishes for "her human."
The timing of the tribute carries particular significance given the family's ongoing rift with eldest son Brooklyn Peltz Beckham.
Many saw Mr Beckham's praise of Cruz’s loyalty as a thinly veiled reference to Brooklyn’s choice to distance himself from the family.
"He added a hidden message to Brooklyn here," one person commented under David's video, while another penned: "Oh, dig at brooklyn.... Fiercely loyal to the family...."

Cruz Beckham turned 21 on Thursday
|David Beckham / Instagram
One Instagram user who picked up on the potential swipe at Brooklyn called Sir David "So petty and vindictive."
"Team Brooklyn," wrote another.
However, many were supportive of the entire Beckham family and wished Cruz a Happy Birthday.
"Lovely to see a picture in the montage that includes Brooklyn. Hope you can all mend the rift soon," penned one fan.
LATEST DEVELOPMENTS
"The boy sings, skates, surfs, plays guitar, plays piano, dances and funny. The whole package! wrote, another, as someone else said: "Happy 21st Birthday to Cruz. Such a humble young man."
Last month, Brooklyn broke his silence on the long-running dispute, publishing a six-page statement on Instagram in which he declared he had no desire to "reconcile" with his parents.
In the lengthy post, the 25-year-old accused Sir David and Lady Beckham of manipulating press narratives and claimed they had been "trying endlessly to ruin my relationship since before my wedding."
Brooklyn alleged his parents had consistently prioritised "Brand Beckham" above family relationships, claiming he had spent most of his life under their control.
"I grew up with overwhelming anxiety," he wrote. "For the first time in my life, since stepping away from my family, that anxiety has disappeared."
The rift between the Beckhams and their eldest son, along with his wife, Nicola Peltz Beckham, allegedly began around the time of the couple's 2022 wedding.
Sources say arguments emerged over Nicola's decision not to wear a gown designed by Lady Beckham for the ceremony.
Brooklyn also accused his mother of "hijacking" his first dance at the wedding, describing the incident as "inappropriate" and claiming it left him "uncomfortable and humiliated."
Brooklyn Beckham with his wife Nicola Peltz | INSTAGRAMDJ Fat Tony recently told ITV's This Morning that singer Marc Anthony had requested "the most beautiful woman in the room" join him on stage during the reception.
Guests allegedly assumed this was for Nicola's first dance with Brooklyn, but Lady Victoria was instead called up to dance with her son, prompting the bride to leave in tears.
Mr Anthony has since disputed the account, telling The Hollywood Reporter that claims surrounding the family feud were "hardly the truth."









