Last updated: 28th February 2023
Welcome to the GB News website and app (the "Service"). The Service includes anything made available on our website and application, including features, functionalities, user interfaces, and any other content (such as comments, articles, games, graphics, software, video clips, programmes and channels) (“Content”).
Who we are: The Service is operated and provided to you by GB News Limited (company number: 12859339), whose registered office is at 2 Swan Lane, London, United Kingdom, EC4R 3TT. (“GB News”, "we", "us, "our").
- You can access, use and install the Service free of charge, but some features (such as comments on our website) may only be available to you if you register an account ("GB News Account").
- You must be  years or older to register a GB News Account, and must only register for one GB News Account. When creating your GB News Account, you must provide true, accurate and complete information to us.
- You are responsible for your GB News Account username and password, for keeping them confidential, and for all activities that are carried out under them (including any comments you post, and all other access to and use of the Service through your GB News Account). We recommend that you do not reveal your username and password to any other person. You agree to notify us immediately if you become aware of or suspect any breach of security or unauthorised use of your password or username.
Using our Service
You must not, and must not allow third parties to:
- transmit, broadcast, display, perform, publish, license, offer for sale, make and/or distribute copies of any part of the Service for the benefit of any third party, or exhibit any of the Service in any public place;
- frame any item of Content or the Service, or incorporate any part of the Service into another website, application, online service, platform or video service;
- access or view any part of the Service using a virtual proxy network;
- use your username and password to access your GB News Account without authorisation;
- attempt to alter, modify, reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, transfer, exchange or translate the Service, unless you have a legal right to do so;
- remove, deactivate, degrade or thwart any of the content protections in the Service or the Content; or
- collect or harvest any personal data of any user of the Service (including any account name) or use any robot, bot, scraper, site search/retrieval application, proxy or other manual or automatic device, method, system or process to access, retrieve, index, “data mine”, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Service or the Content.
- You are responsible for all internet access, mobile data or other charges incurred when using the Service. Remember that streaming audio-visual content such as videos and articles can use up a lot of data.
If you have a GB News Account, you may be able to interact
with Content on the Service, including leaving comments on our website. You agree that you will
not submit, post or transmit on or through the Service any material that:
- is defamatory, offensive, unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libellous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, tortuous, contains explicit or graphic descriptions or accounts of sexual acts, or is otherwise objectionable;
- impersonates any person, business or entity, or falsely states or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with any person, business or entity;
- contains an advertisement or solicitation or encourages others to make a donation; or
- encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offence or that gives rise to civil liability or that otherwise encourages others to commit illegal activities or cause injury or property damage to any other person.
- When you upload or post any material to the Service, you grant to us a worldwide, non-exclusive, transferable licence (with the right to sub-licence) to use, reproduce, distribute, modify, prepare derivative works of, display, publish and perform and sub-license all aspects of that material that are necessary for the provision of the Service. You confirm and agree that we may publish, republish or otherwise transmit your material and your name and likeness throughout the world via GB News branded websites, apps and on community and social media sites, including (without limitation) YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages operated by us. You agree that your material may be subject to minor alterations or modifications for technical or formatting purposes.
- If you have a GB News Account, you may be able to interact with Content on the Service, including leaving comments on our website. You agree that you will not submit, post or transmit on or through the Service any material that:
- You must not abuse this email email@example.com e.g. by making malicious or false reports.
Ownership of Content
- Trademark UK00003530998 is a pending trademark of GB News Limited. You are not permitted to use this trademark without our approval. Other product and company names mentioned on our Service may be the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Ending your right to use the Service
- We will endeavour to allow uninterrupted access to our Service, but we can end our agreement with you (and consequently end your right to use the Service) at any time. We may also decide to discontinue all or any part of the Service at any time.
CancellationYou can stop using the Service and/or cancel your GB News Account at any time.
Device restrictions, supported devices and updates
- Availability and functionality of the Service and Content depends on the quality of your internet connection and device capabilities. Some features of the Service may not be available on all devices or on all operating systems. [Please visit our Website to see the full list of supported devices and operating system requirements.]
- To get the best experience and to ensure the Service operates correctly, we recommend that you accept any updates to the Service as and when they become available. This may also require you to update your device operating system. As and when new operating systems and devices are released, we may over time stop supporting older versions. [You should regularly check our Website to see the full list of currently supported devices and operating system requirements.]
Our liability to you
- We accept liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or that of our employees and agents. We are also liable for fraud and fraudulent misrepresentation by us or our employees or agents.
We are not responsible for:
- any malfunction or interruption to the Service or Content due to circumstances outside of our control that prevent us from fulfilling our obligations to you;
- any lack of functionality or failure to provide any part of the Service or the Content, or any loss of content or data that is due to:
- your equipment, devices, operating system or internet connection (including malware, viruses or bugs originating from third parties or on any of your devices);
- your failure to download any update or the most recent published version of the Service, or to meet the compatibility requirements; or
- the consequences of you changing your equipment, device, operating system or internet connection;
- incompatibility of any part of the Service or Content with any other software or hardware (including any of your devices); and
- We can't guarantee that the Service or the Content will be entirely free from bugs or errors or that your access will be free from interruptions (for example there may be downtime for maintenance or updates or any power or server outages or other reasons outside our control), however where we are made aware of technical issues then we will always try to fix them.
Advertising and third party websites
- The Service and Content may contain third party advertisements. Each advertiser is responsible for the content, accuracy and completeness of such advertisements and we are not liable to you for any reliance placed by you on any such advertising.
The Service may include hyperlinks to other websites that
are not owned or controlled by us. We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for,
the availability, content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party websites. You
acknowledge and agree that:
- we will not be liable for any loss or damage which may be incurred by you as a result of the availability of those external third party sites or resources, or as a result of any reliance placed by you on the completeness, accuracy or existence of any advertising, products or other materials on, or available from, such websites or resources; and
- you agree that you will not involve us in any dispute between you and the third party.
Changes to the Service and Content
- The Content on the Service will change regularly – that means events, articles and programmes may become available whilst other events, articles and programmes will stop being available. The availability of Content may change for various reasons, such as where third party rights-holders withdraw or restrict our right to use that content on the Service, for legal or regulatory reasons or for other reasons beyond our reasonable control. We therefore have the right to add, change or withdraw Content at any time, with or without notice.
- We may make changes to, suspend or discontinue the Service (or any part of the Service) at any time without giving you any notice. Such changes may be made (for example): when we have to remove certain features or functionality and/or stop allowing certain devices or platforms from being able to access the Service. We may also improve, update or enhance the Service from time to time.
for the following reasons:
- to comply with legal or regulatory requirements, such as mandatory laws that apply to us and our agreement with you, or where we are subject to a court order or judgment;
- where we make changes to the Service in order to improve it, including where we expand the scope of the Service by adding additional features, functionality or Content;
- we intend to change the way we structure our Service or we reorganise the way we structure or run our business, including to add paid subscriptions, memberships or similar changes; or
- for security reasons, including where we introduce additional security checks or software to protect our Content or the Service.
Competitions and prize drawsFrom time to time, we may run promotions, competitions and/or prize draws ("Promotions") on the Service. Promotions may have their own terms and conditions, which will be made clear to you before you take part in such Promotion.
- Waiver: To the extent we fail to or decide not to exercise any right of claim against you to which we are entitled, this will not constitute a waiver of that right unless otherwise indicated to you in writing.