Princess of Wales was 'in floods of tears' as Prince William makes surprising admission
William made the remark at the Baftas in London
Don't Miss
Most Read
Latest
Prince William made a surprising admission that his wife, Catherine, was "in floods of tears" as the royals spoke with stars at the Baftas in London.
The Prince and Princess of Wales walked down the red carpet at the Royal Festival Hall in London as they joined other A-Listers for the awards.
During their arrival, the couple spoke with the chief executive of the Southbank Centre, Elaine Bedell and the chief executive of BT Group, Allison Kirkby, about Hamnet, an emotional film up for 11 Baftas.
William admitted that his wife was "in floods of tears" after watching the film.
William admitted the Princess of Wales was 'in floods of tears' | GETTYTRENDING
Stories
Videos
Your Say
The Prince of Wales added: "I can't watch it yet. I need to be in quite a calm state, and I'm not at the moment. I will save it."
The movie is an adaptation of Maggie O'Farrell's award-winning novel about the family life of William Shakespeare and the death of his young son.
Catherine said she saw the film on Saturday, admitting that "it was a very bad idea" and "ended up with very puffy eyes".
She said it was "very powerful", praising the "fantastic" and "raw" music score and talking about its portrayal of "intergenerational grief".

Catherine said after watching the film, she 'ended up with very puffy eyes'
|GETTY
LATEST DEVELOPMENTS
Ms Stillman told Catherine that their last meeting was during her pregnancy with Prince George in 2013, and she remembered the princess performing Harry Potter spells.
The Princess of Wales responded: "I do remember that", as she spoke about how she would love for her children to get a feel for the film world.
She said: "They love the idea of being behind the scenes and finding out how it all happens."
Catherine told Ms Bedell and Ms Kirkby that "the children are getting into film a bit more".

Catherine speaking with Elaine Bedell and Allison Kirkby
|GETTY
She added: "It's a really great way to have some of the hard conversations with them.
"We have still got a long list of films we haven't seen. Hopefully this will help."
The royal couple suited up for the show in matching outfits as they dazzled on the red carpet.
Several stars from across the globe made their way to London's Southbank Centre for what is billed each year as British cinema's most glamorous evening of the year.

The Princess of Wales said her family has 'still got a long list of films we haven't seen'
|GETTY
William and Catherine did not disappoint, with the future king wearing a maroon jacket and black bow tie.
The Princess of Wales looked stunning in a pink and white Gucci gown, which had previously been seen in 2019 at the V&A Museum for a gala dinner.
Hamnet has broken the record for the most nominations for a female-directed film in BAFTA history, with 11.
The awards are being hosted by Scottish actor and director, Alan Cumming.
Our Standards: The GB News Editorial Charter









