Indian man raped woman after luring her to hotel - and police fear he targeted 100 others

WATCH: Violent crime PLUMMETS in wake of Donald Trump's mass deportations - 'Britain TAKE NOTE!'
|GB NEWS
Gurwinder Singh booked rooms at the same hotel more than 100 times - and was only caught thanks to his victim's bravery
Don't Miss
Most Read
Trending on GB News
An Indian man who raped a woman after luring her to a hotel may have targeted 100 more victims.
Gurwinder Singh, 37, preyed on women, inviting them to a hotel in London with the promise of work.
He made contact through WhatsApp and posed as a woman who could give the victim shifts as a care worker, so long as she provided her passport and national insurance number.
Singh met his victim at a station and presented himself as a fellow care worker helping her on shift, telling her she would be taking care of a sportsman with serious injuries at the hotel.
TRENDING
Stories
Videos
Your Say
Upon arrival at the hotel, he said he was the "sportsman" and undressed, telling her to give him a massage.
After the victim refused, he raped her and tried to threaten her into silence.
Police believe the scale of his crimes may be much wider.
Officers discovered Singh booked rooms at the same hotel on more than 100 occasions between December 2024 and August 2025.
Gurwinder Singh, 37, may have 100 more victims | METROPOLITAN POLICE
He also had conversations on WhatsApp with many other women with the same claim he could help them find work.
The Met is hoping to speak to those who had contact with Singh, including women who he had targeted in the Indian community in the Southall and Hayes areas in west London.
He was found guilty of rape, attempted rape, assault by penetration, and one count of common assault.
Southwark Crown Court heard how Singh raped his victim on June 21 after violently assaulting her.
LATEST CRIME NEWS:
Southwark Crown Court where he was sentenced for rape | GETTYShe then managed to run out of the hotel and was helped by two members of the public into a taxi.
She then received a call from Singh, warning her the attack had been filmed and would "go viral" if she reported it.
Despite his threat, she reported the incident to the police the following day.
Singh was arrested at the same hotel on August 11.
Detective Constable Lydia Webb said: "The victim in this case has shown incredible courage in coming forward and disclosing what happened to her - it is thanks to her bravery that Singh has been convicted and is unable to cause further harm.
"We believe that there may be other women who have been subject to Singh’s crimes and we want to provide reassurance that any reports will be fully investigated and dealt with sensitively and with compassion.
"We recognise that coming forward can be a daunting experience, but would encourage victim-survivors to speak with us so they can get the support and help they very much deserve.
"All victims of sexual assault are given anonymity for life."
Anyone with information is encouraged to contact police on 101 with reference number 3916/16FEB26.
More From GB News









