Morrisons recalls popular meat that could cause sickness and fever - 'do not eat'

Morrisons Spanish Chorizo

Morrisons Spanish Chorizo was recalled

Sarra Gray

By Sarra Gray

Published: 18/09/2023

- 11:33

Updated: 30/10/2023

- 14:42

Morrisons has shared one food product could be contaminated with salmonella

A Morrisons product could contain salmonella which means it is unsafe to eat.

Anyone who has purchased the product should not eat it.

Morrisons Spanish Chorizo Ring

Pack size 200g

Best before December 8, 2023

Morrisons Spanish Chorizo

The product could cause salmonella


The recall affects the items sold in England, Scotland and Wales only.

Some batches could contain salmonella which makes it unsafe to eat.

Symptoms of salmonella include sickness, fever, diarrhoea, chills and headaches.

Morrisons stated: "As a precautionary measure, Morrisons is recalling the above date code of this product as there is a risk it may contain salmonella.

"Please do not eat this product and return it to your nearest store for a full refund.

"We don’t need a receipt. No other products are affected by this issue.

"We apologise for the inconvenience this may cause and assure customers of our continuing commitment to the highest standard of product quality and safety."

Food products are recalled when a potential health or safety risk is identified with them.

Morrisons sign on store

Morrisons has a number of ongoing recalls


Morrisons has ongoing recalls for onion rings, crisps and pastry items.

Some products were contaminated with mould while others had undeclared allergens.

This comes as Iceland recalls ready meals that may have been contaminated with listeria.

Shoppers were asked to return the items to any store, with no receipt required.

You may like