Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor pictured in back of car as former royal released from police station

The former prince underwent an hour-long car journey back to the Sandringham estate
Don't Miss
Most Read
Andrew Mountbatten Windsor has left Aylsham Police Station in a vehicle, on the same day he was arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office.
The former royal was pictured reclining in the back seat of a car after a 12-hour day of questioning in police custody.
Thames Valley Police told GB News: "Thames Valley Police is able to provide an update in relation to an investigation into the offence of misconduct in public office.
"On Thursday (19/2) we arrested a man in his sixties from Norfolk on suspicion of misconduct in public office.
TRENDING
Stories
Videos
Your Say
"The arrested man has now been released under investigation.
"We can also confirm that our searches in Norfolk have now concluded."
Mr Mountbatten-Windsor was arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office over his ties to paedophile financier Jeffrey Epstein.
The former prince, who became the first senior royal in modern history to be arrested, is accused of sharing sensitive information with Epstein while serving as the UK’s trade envoy.

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor pictured in back of car as former royal released from police station
|REUTERS
His brother, the King, said “the law must take its course” after expressing his “deepest concern” over the arrest, which came after millions of files were released by the US Department of Justice in relation to the Epstein scandal.
Thames Valley Police previously said the force was reviewing allegations after emails released as part of the trove of documents appeared to show the former duke sharing reports of official visits to Hong Kong, Vietnam and Singapore with the disgraced financier.
Andrew’s arrest on Thursday, on his 66th birthday, followed pictures of officers in attendance at his home on the Sandringham estate in Norfolk, with police seen gathering outside Wood Farm.
In the afternoon, several police officers were standing nearby, close to a private entrance to the estate.
LATEST ROYAL DEVELOPMENTS

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor reclining in the back seat of his car
|REUTERS
Searches also took place at the Royal Lodge, Andrew’s former home in Windsor, Berkshire, where multiple vans carrying uniformed officers arrived on Thursday afternoon.
Andrew has denied any wrongdoing over his Epstein links, but has not directly responded to the latest allegations.
It is understood that neither the King nor Buckingham Palace was informed in advance of the arrest.
The Prince and Princess of Wales are understood to support the King’s statement, which read: “As I have said before, they (the police) have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation.

Photographs showed a red-eyed Andrew after a long day of questioning
|REUTERS
“Let me state clearly: the law must take its course.”
The King carried on with his duties as monarch in the wake of Andrew’s arrest by continuing with his planned ambassadorial in-person audiences in the Throne Room at St James’s Palace.
He was later met with questions about his brother while arriving at an engagement in the Strand area of central London, hours after issuing his statement. Charles did not respond to questions.
The Queen also did not respond after being asked: “Are you concerned about Andrew’s arrest, your majesty?” during an engagement in Westminster.









