Two men jailed for life after murdering mother-of-two in drive-by shooting at wake

Perry Allen-Thomas, Amir Salem

Two men have received life sentences for the murder of Michelle Sadio

|

METROPOLITAN POLICE

Fintan Starkey

By Fintan Starkey


Published: 20/05/2026

- 15:38

Updated: 20/05/2026

- 16:06

The mother-of-two was killed in December 2024

Two men who shot and killed mother-of-two Michelle Sadio in a drive-by shooting have been sentenced to life in prison.

27-year-old Perry Allen-Thomas has been handed a minimum term of 38 years, with 20-year-old Amir Salem handed 26 years.


Ms Sadio, 44, was gunned down outside a wake at the River of Life Pentecostal Church in Willesden, north London, on December 14 2024.

A jury at the Old Bailey were told how a black Kia pulled up at the church and shots were fired into the crowd standing on the pavement, which included children as young as five.

Ms Sadio had been among around 100 mourners attending the wake for Dianne Boatong, 80.

The legal administrator was hit and died at the scene.

Two other people were injured in the shooting, Kenneth Amoah, 39, was hit in the back and paralysed below the waist, and Kadeem Francis, 32, was shot in the foot.

The intended target of the attack was said to be a rapper called Trapstar Toxic, real name Adetokunbo Ajibola, 33, who was at the event.

Michelle Sadio

Michelle Sadio was killed by the two men in the drive-by shooting at the wake

|

PA

The black Kia used in the attack had been stolen and was being driven with false number plates.

Allen-Thomas, from Wembley, was said to have helped organise the shooting, however, he was elsewhere at the time.

Salem, also from Wembley, had bought some of the petrol used to set the Kia on fire after the shooting, jurors were told.

On the night, at least four shots were fired, although it was not known who within the car had pulled the trigger.

Perry Allen-Thomas, Amir Salem

CCTV footage shows the Kia moments before the shooting

|

METROPOLITAN POLICE

The jury heard that on the night of the shooting, Salem was in contact with the Kia occupants and reported back to Allen-Thomas.

It was also alleged that two of the men within the car had fled the country following the shooting.

The weapon used in the shooting had been used twice before in the previous few months, and was said to be a “gang gun”.

In one of the earlier incidents, the occupant of a car opened fire on a group outside a pizzeria, firing 11 shots and hitting one person.

There was no suggestion the defendants were involved.

During the trial, the defendants denied being involved in any way or knowing anything about the incident.

Ms Sadio's widower, Jean Marie Sadio, characterised her as "the pillar" of his family, who had the "biggest and loudest laugh."

"She was the friend and partner you wished to have in your life. I know that half of me has gone. I am broken and will never be the same man again."