Nuptials at Princess Beatrice wedding venue face disruption as helicopter circles Royal Lodge

The wedding itself has not been publicly identified
Don't Miss
Most Read
A wedding took place on Friday at Queen Victoria’s Chapel in Windsor Great Park as police continued searching Royal Lodge, the former home of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, with a helicopter circling nearby and media gathering outside the estate, it has been reported.
The chapel sits within the Royal Lodge estate and is best known as the venue where Princess Beatrice married Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi in 2020.
It has also been associated with the late Queen Elizabeth II’s private worship while in Windsor.
The unusual backdrop for the day’s private ceremony came as Thames Valley Police continued enquiries linked to Mr Mountbatten-Windsor’s arrest on suspicion of misconduct in public office.
TRENDING
Stories
Videos
Your Say
Police confirmed they carried out searches at properties linked to him in Berkshire and Norfolk, and the search at Royal Lodge continued into Friday.
Witnesses described heightened activity around Windsor Great Park as the investigation continued.
Meanwhile, a helicopter prompted upset among members of the public entering the park because of the noise.
A press helicopter circled for much of Friday morning, and its persistent noise was said to have been disruptive for a nearby wedding at Queen Victoria’s Chapel, the Press Association reported.

Nuptials at Princess Beatrice wedding venue face disruption as helicopter circles Royal Lodge
|GETTY
The wedding itself has not been publicly identified, and there is no official suggestion that the ceremony was stopped.
But the scale of the police presence and media interest around Royal Lodge meant the area drew attention throughout the day, despite the marriage taking place only a short distance away.
Mr Mountbatten-Windsor was arrested on Thursday, February 19, and later released under investigation following a period in custody, with detectives continuing to pursue enquiries. He has denied wrongdoing.
The continued searches at Royal Lodge also came amid widening police activity connected to the wider Epstein documents.
LATEST ROYAL DEVELOPMENTS

A member of the media discussing Andrew's arrest outside Royal Lodge
|PA
On Friday, the Metropolitan Police said it was assessing information following the further release of US documents and was contacting former and serving officers who worked closely with Mr Mountbatten-Windsor in a protection capacity.
It added that no new criminal allegations had been made to the Met regarding sexual offences said to have occurred within its jurisdiction.
On Thursday, King Charles issued the following statement: "I have learned with the deepest concern the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and suspicion of misconduct in public office.
Princess Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi sharing a kiss on their wedding day | INSTAGRAM: EDO MAPELLI MOZZI
"What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities.
"In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation.
"Let me state clearly: the law must take its course.
"As this process continues, it would not be right for me to comment further on this matter. Meanwhile, my family and I will continue in our duty and service to you all. Charles R."









