William makes accidental admission about Prince George's school situation as youngster set to start secondary school

WATCH: Royal Family step out for Easter Sunday service

|

GB NEWS

Ben McCaffrey

By Ben McCaffrey


Published: 22/05/2026

- 19:07

George is set to leave Lambrook School in the coming months

Prince William made an accidental admission about Prince George during his live appearance on Heart Radio earlier today.

The Prince of Wales told hosts Amanda Holden and Jamie Theakston all on the Waleses' chaotic morning routine, firstly by candidly admitting that he is "not a morning person".


And with three young children, the dreaded school run undoubtedly helps William with his morning fog.

All three children currently enrol at Lambrook School in Berkshire, though George is soon to move up to a secondary school when he finishes the year.

The question of where the 12-year-old prince will continue his education has generated considerable speculation among royal observers.

And when asked to send a message to his children, who at the time were on their way to school, William revealed that George was already experiencing overnight stays as he prepares for the transition to secondary education.

"Charlotte and Louis, because George is boarding last night, Charlotte and Louis, if you're listening, make sure you're on time, please, make sure you're not fighting over who listens to what, this morning," he remarked.

Where George will end up next year remains unknown.

The Waleses

Prince George is due to move to secondary school later this year

|

GETTY

Eton College, where Prince William himself was educated, remains a prominent contender for the young royal's next chapter.

However, Marlborough College in Wiltshire, the alma mater of the Princess of Wales, is also under consideration, as is the prestigious Wellington College.

More recently, Oundle School in Northamptonshire has emerged as a potential option.

Prince William, Amanda Holden

The Prince of Wales told hosts Amanda Holden and Jamie Theakston all on the Waleses' chaotic morning routine

|
HEART RADIO

The Prince and Princess of Wales were observed earlier this month taking Princess Charlotte to visit Oundle, with reports suggesting they may be contemplating enrolling all three of their children at the institution.

An announcement is anticipated shortly, with Prince George set to conclude his time at Lambrook in early July.

The future King went on to describe the morning routine at Adelaide Cottage as occasionally hectic.

"It can be. It depends if there is a guitar lesson or a music lesson, you have to get the guitar in the car, no we aren't taking the car, are we boarding are we not, are we seeing friends or are we not, all of that going on in the morning," he explained.

But William's revelations didn't end there. He revealed Princess Charlotte's obsession with pop star Taylor Swift.

William, Charlotte and Prince George attended Swift's Eras Tour at Wembley in 2024, watching from a box where the atmosphere was so electric it "shook the floor."

He also claimed that Prince Louis leaves "jam fingerprints throughout the car."