Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie 'are in a state' after Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor's arrest

Lewis Henderson

By Lewis Henderson


Published: 20/02/2026

- 08:15

The sisters have not publicly commented on their father's arrest

Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie are "in a state" following the arrest of their father, Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, on suspicion of misconduct in public office.

The former prince was arrested yesterday morning and spent 11 hours in police custody on his 66th birthday.


Andrew, who became the first senior royal in modern history to be arrested, is accused of sharing sensitive information with Epstein while serving as the UK's trade envoy.

So far, there has been no comment from the former Duke of York's ex-wife, Sarah Ferguson, or their daughters, Beatrice, 37, and Eugenie, 35.

Princess Beatrice and Princess EugenieThe princesses are said to be 'in a state' | GETTY

A source claimed that the sisters are "in a state" following yesterday's developments.

Ms Ferguson is believed to be out of the country, spending time with friends in the French Alps before heading on to the United Arab Emirates.

An insider told The Telegraph: "This is catastrophic for her and the girls. She (Sarah Ferguson) seems to be doing her best to put a brave face on it."

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor

Andrew was seen departing in a vehicle following his arrest yesterday evening.

|
REUTERS

Ms Ferguson has not been seen in public since September 25, 2025, when she was pictured leaving Royal Lodge.

The sisters have been allowed to keep their titles by King Charles, who issued a statement not long after his brother's arrest.

His Majesty said: "I have learned with the deepest concern the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and suspicion of misconduct in public office.

"What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities. In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation."

Sarah Ferguson

Sarah Ferguson has not been seen since leaving Royal Lodge on September 25, 2025

|
GETTY

The monarch continued: "Let me state clearly: the law must take its course.

"As this process continues, it would not be right for me to comment further on this matter. Meanwhile, my family and I will continue in our duty and service to you all."

The Prince and Princess of Wales are said to have supported the statement.

Andrew was arrested on Thursday morning at around 8am, after six unmarked vehicles and plain-clothes police officers arrived at Wood Farm, where the former prince resides.

King Charles

The King issued a statement not long after his brother's arrest

|
GETTY

His arrest was confirmed at 10:08am, with a Thames Valley spokesman stating: "We have today arrested a man in his sixties from Norfolk on suspicion of misconduct in public office."

Searches took place at Royal Lodge, Andrew's former home in Windsor, Berkshire, where multiple vans carrying uniformed officers arrived on Thursday afternoon.

Andrew has denied any wrongdoing over his Epstein links, but has not directly responded to the latest allegations.

It is understood that neither the King nor Buckingham Palace was informed in advance of the arrest.

Andrew was pictured leaving Aylsham Police Station in a vehicle by the evening, reclining in the back seat.