Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor arrives back at Sandringham Estate after gruelling one-hour car journey

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor arrives back at Sandringham Estate after one-hour car journey |

GB NEWS

Dorothy Reddin

By Dorothy Reddin


Published: 19/02/2026

- 20:46

Updated: 19/02/2026

- 20:48

The former Duke of York was questioned for around 12 hours at Aylsham police station

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has arrived back at the Sandringham Estate after a gruelling one-hour car journey.

The King's younger brother was filmed being driven into the Norfolk estate, where he relocated earlier this month, after a 12-hour day of being questioned in Aylsham police station.


Mr Mountbatten-Windsor was released under investigation following his arrest on suspicion of misconduct in public office over his ties to paedophile financier Jeffrey Epstein.

The former prince, who became the first senior royal in modern history to be arrested, is accused of sharing sensitive information with Epstein while serving as the UK’s trade envoy.

Mr Mountbatten-Windsor was pictured slouched in the back of a vehicle on Thursday evening as he left Aylsham police station in Norfolk, roughly a one-hour car drive away from Wood Farm on the Sandringham estate.

His brother, the King, said earlier that “the law must take its course” after expressing his “deepest concern” over the arrest, which came after millions of files were released by the US Department of Justice in relation to the Epstein scandal.

Thames Valley Police said he was released under investigation, and searches at a property in Norfolk, Mr Mountbatten-Windsor’s home on the Sandringham Estate, had concluded.

Searches at his former address, the Royal Lodge in Windsor, Berkshire, are ongoing.

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor arrives back at Sandringham Estate after gruelling one-hour car journey

|

GETTY / PA

Mr Mountbatten-Windsor, who is eighth in line to the throne, was detained on his 66th birthday following allegations that he shared reports of official visits to Hong Kong, Vietnam and Singapore with disgraced financier Epstein.

He has denied any wrongdoing over his Epstein links, but has not directly responded to the latest allegations.

An NPCC spokesman has told GB News that they alerted Home Office operational colleagues, as is routine practice, not Thames Valley Police.

The statement read: "In line with routine practice, the National Police Chiefs’ Council alerted operational colleagues within the Home Office of the arrest.

Andrew Mountbatten-WindsorAndrew Mountbatten-Windsor pictured in back of car as former royal released from police station | REUTERS

"This gave 30 minutes' notice before Thames Valley Police made the arrest."

It is also understood that neither the King nor Buckingham Palace was informed before the arrest.

The Prince and Princess of Wales are understood to support the King’s statement, which read: “As I have said before, they (the police) have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation.

“Let me state clearly: the law must take its course.”

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor is seen returning at Sandringham after leaving police custody, following his arrest

|

GETTY

The King carried on with his duties as monarch after Andrew’s arrest with planned ambassadorial in-person audiences in the Throne Room at St James’s Palace.

He was later met with questions about his brother while arriving at an engagement in The Strand, central London, hours after issuing his statement.

Charles did not respond to questions.

The Queen also did not respond after being asked: “Are you concerned about Andrew’s arrest, your majesty?” during an engagement in Westminster.