Police reveal identity of Mar-a-Lago intruder after he was shot dead at Donald Trump’s resort

Mar-a-Lago sheriff gives press conference after Armed intruder shot dead on Donald Trump's resort |
GB NEWS

US media have revealed the 21-year-old's name
Don't Miss
Most Read
Trending on GB News
Authorities have confirmed the identity of an armed intruder shot dead while trying to enter President Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort
US media have confirmed the man killed by agents was 21-year-old Austin Tucker Martin.
Earlier, investigators said the North Carolina man had been reported missing a few days ago by his family.
Agents shot and killed him when he attempted to “unlawfully enter a secure perimeter” at Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach.
TRENDING
Stories
Videos
Your Say
He raised a shotgun and was also in possession of a gas canister, the Secret Service said.
A spokesman for the service said the suspect left North Carolina and headed south, picking up the weapon along the way.
The box for the gun was recovered in his vehicle.
The suspect had driven through the north gate of Mar-a-Lago while another vehicle was exiting.

The armed intruder was shot dead
|REUTERS
Investigators are still trying to determine the motive and his psychological profile.
Earlier, the Secret Service said his identity was being withheld until his next of kin had been identified.
Rick Bradshaw, the Palm Beach County sheriff, revealed details of the exchange that took place between the agent on the scene and the invader.
“Words that we said to him was, ‘drop the items’,” Mr Bradshaw told reporters at the news conference.
LATEST DEVELOPMENTS
He said they were speaking about the gas can and the shotgun in the man’s possession.
He then “put the gas can down and pointed the shotgun at the officers”, Mr Bradshaw added.
The number of shots fired has not been revealed and the sheriff said that particular detail was not part of the investigation.
The Secret Service said in its earlier statement that its agents who were involved would be given routine administrative leave pending the investigation’s outcome.

Mr Trump was in Washington while the incident occurred
|REUTERS
President Trump was not on the premises at the time of the incident, having attended the Governors’ Dinner in Washington on Saturday evening.
Earlier, Secret Service Chief of Communications Anthony Guglielmi confirmed the incident in a post on X.
He wrote: "On February 22, around 1.30 am, a male in his early 20s was shot by US Secret Service agents and a deputy from the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office (PBSO) following an unauthorized entry into the secure perimeter at Mar-a-Lago.
"The individual, whose identity is being withheld pending notification of next of kin, was pronounced deceased. The individual was observed by the north gate of the Mar-a-Lago property carrying what appeared to be a shotgun and a fuel can.
"US Secret Service agents and a PBSO deputy confronted the individual and shots were fired by law enforcement during the encounter. No U.S. Secret Service or PBSO personnel were injured.
There were no Secret Service protectees present at the location at the time of the incident.
"The incident, including the individual’s background, actions, potential motive, and the use of force, is under investigation by the FBI, the U.S. Secret Service, and the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office.
"In accordance with agency policy, the involved Secret Service agents will be placed on routine administrative leave pending the outcome of the investigation."
More From GB News









