Armed intruder shot dead after unlawfully entering Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort

An armed Intruder has been shot dead after unlawfully entering Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort
|GETTY

The US President is currently in Washinton DC
Don't Miss
Most Read
Trending on GB News
An armed man in his early 20s was shot and killed in the early hours of Sunday after unlawfully entering the secure perimeter at Mar-a-Lago, the Florida residence of US President Donald Trump.
The US Secret Service said the man was carrying a shotgun and a fuel can as he attempted to breach security at the Palm Beach estate.
He was killed by a deputy from the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office at around 1.30am local time after pointing his weapon at the officers.
Mr Trump was in Washington at the time of the incident, having attended the Governors' Dinner in the capital on Saturday evening.
TRENDING
Stories
Videos
Your Say

The US Secret Service said the man was carrying what appeared to be a shotgun and a fuel can
|GETTY
The deceased man's identity has not been released.
At a press conference, law enforcement confirmed that the man killed was white and displayed a picture of a weapon he had been seen with.
The man was ordered to drop the items he was carrying when approached by two Secret Service agents and a deputy.
He then raised his shotgun “to a shooting position", whereupon he was shot by the officers.

Law enforcement shared an image of the gun the man was carrying
|GB NEWS
LATEST DEVELOPMENTS:

Mr Trump was in Washington at the time of the incident, having attended the Governors Dinner in the capital on Saturday evening
|GETTY
Law enforcement also issued an appeal to neighbours for information, including a request to check security cameras.
Earlier, Secret Service Chief of Communications Anthony Guglielmi confirmed the incident in a post on X.
He wrote: "On February 22, around 1.30 am, a male in his early 20s was shot by US Secret Service agents and a deputy from the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office (PBSO) following an unauthorized entry into the secure perimeter at Mar-a-Lago.
"The individual, whose identity is being withheld pending notification of next of kin, was pronounced deceased. The individual was observed by the north gate of the Mar-a-Lago property carrying what appeared to be a shotgun and a fuel can.
"US Secret Service agents and a PBSO deputy confronted the individual and shots were fired by law enforcement during the encounter. No U.S. Secret Service or PBSO personnel were injured. There were no Secret Service protectees present at the location at the time of the incident.
"The incident, including the individual’s background, actions, potential motive, and the use of force, is under investigation by the FBI, the U.S. Secret Service, and the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office.
"In accordance with agency policy, the involved Secret Service agents will be placed on routine administrative leave pending the outcome of the investigation."
Our Standards: The GB News Editorial Charter
More From GB News









