Three women named and pictured after bodies recovered from sea off Brighton beach
GB News reports as the bodies of three women are found off the coast on Brighton beach
|GB NEWS

Emergency services scrambled to the seafront after reports of a person in trouble in the water
Don't Miss
Most Read
Three women whose bodies were recovered from the sea off Brighton beach have been named for the first time.
Emergency services scrambled to the seafront after reports of a person in trouble in the water near the tourist hotspot at around 5.45am on May 13.
When they arrived, the bodies of three women were found.
Sisters Jane Abettor, 36, Christina Walter, 32, and Rebecca Walter, 31, were named as the three women who tragically died, and they were from the Uxbridge area of London, Sussex Police said.

Sisters Jane Abettor, 36, Christina Walter, 32, and Rebecca Walter, 31, were named as the three whose bodies were discovered
|FAMILY HANDOUT
Sisters Jane Abettor, 36, Christina Walter, 32, and Rebecca Walter, 31, were from the Uxbridge area of London, Sussex Police said.
It was feared one of the women “misjudged the shingle shelf”, dragging her into immediate danger.
Police are understood to be exploring multiple lines of enquiry.
Brighton beach’s pebbly profile gives it a number of steep slopes, making it a perilous spot to run into trouble.
Eight police cars and vans were spotted on the scene | PAThe incident sparked a massive search operation with coastguard boats deployed along with helicopters.
More than a dozen police officers, vans and cars as well as HM Coastguard and Rescue Officers were seen patrolling the area.
The investigation kicked off at around 5.45am on Wednesday, before the beach later reopened.
Police confirmed the women’s loved ones are being supported by specialist officers.
LATEST DEVELOPMENTS
In an update last week, Chief Superintendent Adam Hays said: “I understand the impact this tragic incident has had on the local community and more widely.
“This is a sensitive investigation and we know the public are keen to understand the full circumstances. But our priority at this time is identifying these three women and locating their families, who at this point remain unaware they have lost loved ones.
“I would ask for people’s patience while we conduct these enquiries and to avoid speculation while this is ongoing.
“Anyone with information that could help is asked to contact police online or via 101, quoting Operation Ledmore.”

A helicopter and two lifeboats assisted the emergency response at the scene on Brighton beach
| XPaying tribute, their father, Joseph, said in a statement: "No words can truly describe the pain of losing three daughters in the prime of their lives.
"Jane, Christina, and Becky were more than daughters to me; they were my joy, my strength, and the beautiful light that filled our family with happiness and love."










