Tess Daly makes feelings clear on new BBC Strictly presenters as she breaks silence on replacements
WATCH HERE: Strictly star responds to Tess and Claudia's exit
|GB NEWS

The former BBC Strictly presenter responded to the long-awaited news
Don't Miss
Most Read
Latest
Tess Daly has given her seal of approval to the presenters taking over her former role on Strictly Come Dancing.
The 56-year-old, who fronted the BBC dance competition from its launch in 2004, responded to the announcement of the new hosts, which finally came on Tuesday, with enthusiasm.
Her endorsement comes after the corporation confirmed earlier today that Emma Willis, Josh Widdicombe and Johannes Radebe will jointly host the programme from this autumn.
"Can't wait to tune in," she wrote on Instagram, adding: "The ultimate trio."
Claudia Winkleman and Tess Daly filmed their final BBC Strictly episode last year | BBCMs Daly departed alongside co-host Claudia Winkleman in October 2025, with the pair stating at the time that it "felt like the right time" to step away from the flagship entertainment show.
The BBC officially unveiled its new presenting lineup for the ballroom show earlier today, marking a significant departure from tradition.
Ms Willis, Mr Widdicombe and Mr Radebe will become the first trio to front the programme when it returns in September 2026.
The announcement was shared via the show's official Instagram account with the message: "It's official...September 2026."
Ms Winkleman, 54, originally presented the weekday spin-off It Takes Two before transitioning to the Sunday results programme alongside Daly in 2010.
She subsequently joined the main Saturday night broadcast from 2014 following Sir Bruce Forsyth's retirement.
Ms Willis expressed her disbelief at joining a show she has long admired from home.
"It's no secret that I'm a huge fan of Strictly - I've cheered and danced along from my sofa for years - so to be stepping into the Strictly ballroom is something I can't quite comprehend," she said.
LATEST DEVELOPMENTS

She acknowledged the legacy left by her predecessors, describing Daly and Winkleman as "two wonderful, iconic women who have been the beating heart of Strictly for so long".
Radebe spoke of his deep honour at returning to the programme in this unexpected capacity, noting that Strictly "has always stood for joy, heart, and togetherness".
Widdicombe referenced his appearance in the 2024 Christmas special, where he performed a Charleston in penguin attire, calling it his "career high point".
Kate Phillips, the BBC's Chief Content Officer, highlighted the natural rapport between the incoming presenters when explaining the decision.

Tess Daly responded to the announcement
|"Emma, Johannes and Josh's chemistry is undeniable," she said. "There's been so much speculation and hype, so I'm relieved we can share the news with the public at last."
Phillips described the appointment of three hosts as a first for the programme, adding that "the most beloved ballroom in the UK always leads the way".
She confirmed that production teams are already preparing "fabulous and unforgettable treats" for the new series, which will air this autumn.
The trio will make their debut on the Strictly dance floor later this year, with the annual Christmas special also featuring the new presenting team.










