Rylan Clark issues statement after BBC Strictly snub as new presenters finally confirmed: 'Taking it well'
WATCH HERE: Former Strictly star pays tribute to Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman
|GB NEWS

The presenter posted a humorous response to Tuesday's announcement
Don't Miss
Most Read
Rylan Clark has broken his silence after confirming he'd been in the running for the role of BBC Strictly host after Claudia Winkleman and Tess Daly's replacements were finally confirmed on Tuesday.
The BBC revealed after months of speculation that Emma Willis, Josh Widdicombe and Johannes Radebe will jointly host the programme from this autumn.
Mr Clark was speculated to have been among those who were considered for the gig, and confirmed he was among the candidates considered following today's announcement.
The 37-year-old television personality, who previously presented spin-off series It Takes Two, took to Instagram this afternoon to address the news directly.

Johannes Radebe, Emma Willis and Josh Widdicombe have been confirmed as the new Strictly presenters
|BBC
He penned: "Just wanted to say as it was reported I was in 'The Race' for Strictly, the biggest congrats to my Emma and equal congrats to Johannes and Josh.
"You're all going to have the best time. Made up for you's." (sic)
He continued: "This wasn't my time sadly but am extremely grateful to even have been considered.
"I'm taking the news really well (see next slide) but genuinely looking forward to the new series with you three x."
On the next slide, Mr Clark posted the hilarious moment from his X Factor appearance in 2012, in which he broke down in tears and hysterically sobbed.
The BBC has confirmed that Zoe Ball and Angela Scanlon were also shortlisted alongside Clark.
The trio's appointment marks a significant shift for the flagship BBC One programme, with three presenters taking the helm for the first time in the show's history.
Ms Willis, 50, described herself as a devoted viewer of the series.
LATEST DEVELOPMENTS

Rylan Clark posted his response to the Strictly news
| GETTY"To be stepping into the Strictly ballroom is something I can't quite comprehend," she said, acknowledging that replacing Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman presented an impossible task.
Mr Widdicombe, 43, referenced his appearance in the 2024 Christmas Special, where he performed the Charleston in a penguin costume. He described the new role as "the biggest shoes in television."
Dancer Mr Radebe, 39, expressed that returning to the programme in a presenting capacity exceeded his expectations.
"This show has always stood for joy, heart, and togetherness," the professional dancer said.

The BBC Strictly finale marked Claudia Winkleman and Tess Daly's last show in the 2025 series
| BBCResponding to Mr Clark's post, Ms Willis wrote beneath his post: "I love you," and a laughing emoji.
The pair share a lengthy professional history, having worked together on Big Brother during its Channel 5 era from 2013 to 2018.
They have also frequently co-hosted ITV's This Morning, with Clark often referring to Willis as his "TV wife."
Beneath his post, Clark urged followers to recognise his "genuine happiness for the three of them."










