Cristiano Ronaldo sends six-word message after ending strike in Saudi Arabia

Jack Otway

By Jack Otway


Published: 16/02/2026

- 10:06

The Portugal international returned to action with Al-Nassr on Saturday

Cristiano Ronaldo has taken to social media following his return to action with Al-Nassr, having decided to end his strike in Saudi Arabia.

The 41-year-old had missed his side's previous three matches, with the Portugal international unhappy with the Public Investment Fund over what he perceives to be their rivals getting preferential treatment.


Ronaldo was particularly unhappy that Al-Hilal, who are Al-Nassr's fierce rivals, were able to sign his former Real Madrid teammate Karim Benzema.

The veteran's decision raised eyebrows in the country, especially with the forward earning around £500,000-a-day in the Middle East.

On Saturday, Ronaldo decided to return to the field.

And he marked his comeback with a goal, with the former Manchester United, Sporting Lisbon, Real Madrid and Juventus star opening the scoring in the 18th minute of the match as Al-Nassr beat Al Fateh 2-0.

Ayman Yahya then doubled their advantage with 12 minutes remaining.

Cristiano Ronaldo has taken to social media following his return to action with Al-Nassr, having decided to end his strike in Saudi Arabia

Cristiano Ronaldo has taken to social media following his return to action with Al-Nassr, having decided to end his strike in Saudi Arabia

|

GETTY

Ronaldo has since taken to social media, with the attacker writing a six-word message on Instagram. He said: "Another step forward. Let’s keep going."

As things stand, Al-Nassr remain in with a shot of Saudi Pro League title glory.

Ronaldo is yet to win a trophy with the team since his move in January 2023, which came just weeks after a turbulent end to his second stint with United.

The 41-year-old left under a cloud after giving a controversial interview where he targeted Erik ten Hag, who was manager at the time.

Ronaldo also moaned about United's training facilities, suggesting they hadn't evolved since his first stint there.

And he took aim at the Glazers, too, who remain polarising figures among Red Devils fans following their lucrative takeover back in 2005.

Ronaldo is contracted to Al-Nassr until 2027.

In recent weeks, however, there's been speculation that he could leave the club.

Sporting have emerged as the frontrunners to land the forward, though wages could be a stumbling block to any potential Hollywood coming.

Cristiano Ronaldo

Cristiano Ronaldo is still going strong at the age of 41

|

GETTY

Last month, there were even mischievous rumours that United were interested in landing Ronaldo for a third time.

However, it's understood that the Red Devils were never interested and those claims merely stemmed from social media.

Meanwhile, at the age of 41, Ronaldo is in the closing stages of his glittering career.

Some think he could retire after the World Cup this summer. Portugal boss Roberto Martinez, however, thinks he can play on for longer due to how well he looks after himself.

"Well, we got all the stats. If you were going to analyse a player that is dropping at physical level, that's not the case," he said. "His physical stats are of a player that could go on and on and on.

"I think it's more a question of when he'll feel that is the right time. I think he's a player that is very critical with himself. When he doesn't see that he can help the team, he'll be the one that will decide when to stop."