Britons back King Charles's action against Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor after disgraced royal's arrest
The monarch declared 'the law must take its course' in a statement after his brother's arrest
Don't Miss
Most Read
Latest
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has been snubbed by the public - while his brother has received glowing praise for distancing the former prince from the Royal Family.
Andrew was arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office this morning, Thames Valley Police confirmed.
Police vehicles were seen arriving at the Sandringham estate in Norfolk this morning, where Andrew was residing on his 66th birthday. He has now been taken into custody.
Eyewitnesses reported that officers who arrived were wearing civilian clothing but "appeared to be police officers".
TRENDING
Stories
Videos
Your Say
Several hours later, the King issue a statement on the matter and declared "the law must take its course", promising to provide "full and whole-hearted support and co-operation" with officials.
Now, speaking to GB News on the ground, one Norwegian provided a candid reaction to the arrest.
"Britons are very embarrassed," he told the People's Channel.
The man added: "It's a bad time to be in the Royal Family."

A Norwegian said Britons were 'embarrassed' over the ordeal
|GB NEWS
A man outside Buckingham Palace - where the King is believed to be currently residing - heaped praise onto the monarch, speaking to the channel.
He said: "I guess it's not a good look for the royals generally, but I think the King has done a decent job of distancing himself from it."
Andrew, formerly the Duke of York, was stripped of his titles on October 30 last year after the King kickstarted the process.
MORE ON ANDREW:

A man heaped praise onto King Charles for distancing himself from the ex-prince.
|GB NEWS
Meanwhile, a woman told GB News: "I don't think the rest of the Royal Family should be punished because they work remarkably hard.
"But all he (the King) can do is work within the limits of the law. He's done his bit, he's ousted him (Andrew) from property and removed him from office, so that's good."
Earlier today, Thames Valley police confirmed they had made an the arrest.
The statement read: "As part of the investigation, we have today arrested a man in his sixties from Norfolk on suspicion of misconduct in public office and are carrying out searches at addresses in Berkshire and Norfolk.
"The man remains in police custody at this time.
"We will not be naming the arrested man, as per national guidance. Please also remember that this case is now active so care should be taken with any publication to avoid being in contempt of court."
Assistant Chief Constable Oliver Wright said: "Following a thorough assessment, we have now opened an investigation into this allegation of misconduct in public office.
"It is important that we protect the integrity and objectivity of our investigation as we work with our partners to investigate this alleged offence.
"We understand the significant public interest in this case, and we will provide updates at the appropriate time."
The former Duke of York has consistently and strenuously denied any wrongdoing amid the ongoing allegations.
Our Standards: The GB News Editorial Charter









