Prince Harry and King Charles tipped for ‘face-to-face’ meeting during Duke’s visit to the UK

WATCH: Cameron Walker on Prince Harry returning to London for WellChild Awards

|

GB NEWS

Marcus Donaldson

By Marcus Donaldson


Published: 28/08/2025

- 23:48

The Duke of Sussex will be in London on the third anniversary of Queen Elizabeth II’s death

Prince Harry and King Charles are set to meet face-to-face for the first time in 20 months, according to a bombshell new report.

The Duke of Sussex has been tipped for the meeting with his father after a series of recent overtures when he travels to the UK next month to attend the WellChild Awards.


And now, sources have revealed “the time is right” for the King and his youngest son “to take that step”.

Harry is set to be visit London on September 8, on the third anniversary of Queen Elizabeth II’s death.

The King and Harry last met in January last year as Charles was undergoing cancer treatment - and there is now “determination on both sides” to meet again.

Prince Harry, King Charles

Prince Harry and King Charles have been tipped for ‘face-to-face’ meeting during the Duke's visit to the UK

|

GETTY

“Prince Harry’s team and the Palace have opened a line of communication, and there is every hope that father and son will see one another when the Duke returns to London in September,” a US source revealed.

“It’s clear there is now a determination on both sides to make this happen,” they told the Mirror.

The insider acknowledged that the rift between the Duke of Sussex and other members of the Royal Family remained, but the father and son were apparently approaching a separate rapprochement.

“Nobody is pretending the wider family issues have been resolved, but this is about beginning with Charles and Harry,” they said.

Prince Harry, King Charles

The father and son last met face to face in January 2024 while the King received cancer treatment

|

GETTY

"For the first time in a long time, there’s a genuine sense that reconciliation is within reach,” the source added.

“After 20 months apart, and with the King continuing his treatment, the feeling is that the time is right to take that step,” they continued.

The US source suggested that the potential meeting would not feature any fanfare and would be a simple coming together of father and son.

“This is not about grand gestures or set-piece meetings - it’s about a simple face-to-face conversation between a father and his son.

LATEST ROYAL NEWS:

Prince Harry, King Charles

The source suggested there was "determination on both sides" to make the meeting happen

|

GETTY

“The priority is privacy and dignity, but also ensuring the door stays open for further dialogue.

However, the source warned any hope of a similar meeting between Harry and his brother, Prince William, was highly unlikely.

“As for Harry and William, though, any chance of reconciliation between them has been rejected out of hand,” they told the paper.

Prince Harry’s trip to London next month will be the first time the Duke of Sussex has returned to the UK since suffering a crushing court defeat in May 2025.

Prince Harry

The Duke of Sussex and King Charles appear to have exchanged several conciliatory gestures in recent months

|

GETTY

It will end the royal’s hiatus from the UK, which has gone on for three months since he lost his legal battle for taxpayer-funded armed police protection when in the UK.

Despite the setback - and Harry's bombshell BBC interview in the aftermath - there have been several overtures between the Duke and his father.

In July, representatives of the pair met in a secret London meeting for peace talks.

It also later emerged the Duke had offered to share diary dates with the King and Royal Family to avoid clashes.

Representatives of Prince Harry declined to comment on the Mirror's report when approached by GB News.