Andrew turns 66 disgraced and isolated with his remaining Royal Family relationships hanging by a thread

Svar Nanan-Sen

By Svar Nanan-Sen


Published: 19/02/2026

- 00:00

Updated: 19/02/2026

- 00:54

Buckingham Palace has said the King “stands ready” to support any police probe into his brother

Andrew Mountbatten Windsor is marking his 66th birthday today. The disgraced former royal can no longer refer to himself as a prince or the Duke of York and will be spending the occasion in Norfolk after King Charles booted him out of Royal Lodge, a residence he called home for over two decades.

The King’s younger brother will have grown accustomed to low-key birthday celebrations since his disastrous Newsnight interview in November 2019, which led to him stepping away from the public spotlight and his role as a working member of the Royal Family.


Three months after the calamitous interview on his friendship with Jeffrey Epstein, Andrew was forced to significantly reduce the planned celebrations for his landmark 60th birthday. He held a private dinner at Royal Lodge instead of a lavish party that had been previously pencilled in.

In 2026, newly released documents showed Andrew’s ex-wife, Sarah Ferguson, inviting Epstein to Andrew’s milestone 50th birthday celebrations on behalf of Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie.

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor

Andrew Mountbatten Windsor is marking his 66th birthday today.

|

GETTY

The email reads: "Beatrice, Eugenie and I would love to invite you to celebrate the 50 years of Papa/Andrew.

"It will be on February 26, 2010, from 7.30pm for Drinks and for 8.30pm for Dinner, at St. James's Palace, London.

"It will be suits and cocktail dresses, and you know me, mysterious mischief. So bring your presents. Your presence and your humour!"

This email, alongside many more from Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and Sarah Ferguson to Jeffrey Epstein, has laid bare the extent of the relationship between the convicted sex offender and the former couple.

As the disgraced ex-duke spends his birthday alone, with his reputation in tatters, GB News analyses Andrew’s relationships with members of his family, including the most senior royals in the monarchy.

SARAH FERGUSON

Sarah Ferguson famously described herself and Andrew as “the happiest divorced couple in the world”.

Despite their divorce in 1996, they later reconciled and rebuilt a strong bond centred around their children, Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie.

The former Duchess of York lived with Andrew at Royal Lodge for nearly two decades but will not follow him to Norfolk, where he was relocated to earlier this year.

Ms Ferguson appears to have decided now is the time to distance herself from Andrew. Sources indicate that she feels putting space between them will allow her to become "reputationally freer."

Sarah Ferguson and Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor

Sarah Ferguson famously described herself and Andrew as “the happiest divorced couple in the world”.

|

GETTY

However, Sarah Ferguson also features in the Epstein files and has been forced to step back from public life as a result of her emails to the convicted sex offender coming to light in the most recent release of documents.

While appearing in the Epstein files is not evidence of any wrongdoing, the warm and at times desperate nature of Ms Ferguson’s emails to the late financier will have ended any realistic prospect of resurrecting a public-facing career.

Insiders have said that Ms Ferguson intends to remain in Britain, with arrangements currently being finalised for her next chapter.

She has identified a property in Windsor as her future home, viewing it as the location where she can rebuild her life.

While Ms Ferguson appears to have made up her mind about publicly cutting ties with Andrew, she may choose to continue supporting her former husband privately.

PRINCESS BEATRICE AND PRINCESS EUGENIE

Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie have been left horrified by the collection of emails their parents appear to have sent to convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.

The sisters were left "aghast" and "mortified" by the alleged correspondence released in the latest Epstein files.

However, Beatrice and Eugenie have not released a statement either condemning or distancing themselves from their parents.

Instead, the princesses have both decided to separate themselves publicly from Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and Sarah Ferguson but support their parents privately.

Their family unit remains intact behind the scenes despite the significant pressure.

A key indication of this was the christening of Princess Beatrice’s daughter, Athena, in December 2025.

Princess Beatrice, Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and Princess Eugenie

Beatrice and Eugenie have not released a statement either condemning or distancing themselves from their parents.

|

GETTY

Princess Beatrice and her husband Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi marked the occasion with a trip to a Marylebone pub alongside loved ones after the ceremony.

The christening took place at the Chapel Royal in St James's Palace before the family headed to the pub to celebrate.

Two notable absences from the pub gathering were Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and Sarah Ferguson, who had attended the christening itself but chose not to continue to the celebration.

The ceremony represented a significant moment for the former Duke and Duchess of York, as it was their first royal outing following the removal of their titles in October.

Rather than joining relatives afterwards, the pair returned to their more withdrawn existence away from public royal engagements.

This was a clear example of the daughters' decision to stand by their parents behind the scenes, whilst also wanting to separate themselves publicly from the under-fire former royal couple.

Andrew and King Charles

King Charles has taken decisive action against his disgraced brother.

|

GETTY

KING CHARLES

King Charles has taken decisive action against his disgraced brother. The monarch was instrumental in removing Andrew from Royal Lodge earlier this year. The King also stripped Andrew of his Duke of York and Prince titles in October 2025, three months before the latest Epstein files were released.

Buckingham Palace has said the King “stands ready” to support any police probe into Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor.

A Palace Spokesperson said: “The King has made clear, in words and through unprecedented actions, his profound concern at allegations which continue to come to light in respect of Mr Mountbatten-Windsor’s conduct.

“While the specific claims in question are for Mr Mountbatten-Windsor to address, if we are approached by Thames Valley Police we stand ready to support them as you would expect.

“As was previously stated, Their Majesties’ thoughts and sympathies have been, and remain with, the victims of any and all forms of abuse.”

King Charles is funding his brother’s private accommodation for the foreseeable future after Andrew left Royal Lodge. The monarch is also making private provisions to supplement Andrew’s lack of income.

Prince William, Kate Middleton and Andrew

Catherine has followed William's lead when it comes avoiding the disgraced former Duke of York.

|

GETTY

PRINCE WILLIAM AND CATHERINE

Prince William has never had a strong relationship with his uncle. The Prince of Wales was one of the biggest supporters of King Charles’s decision to strip Andrew of his royal titles.

Catherine has followed William's lead when it comes to avoiding the disgraced former Duke of York.

Ahead of the heir to the throne’s solo visit to Saudi Arabia, the Prince and Princess of Wales released a joint statement addressing the allegations against Andrew Mountbatten Windsor.

A Kensington Palace spokesperson said on behalf of Catherine and William: "The Prince and Princess of Wales have been deeply concerned by the continued revelations.

"Their thoughts remain focused on the victims."

Andrew, King Charles, Edward and Anne.

Following the latest release of the Epstein files, which have shed greater light on Andrew’s links to Jeffrey Epstein, Anne and Edward’s position is thought to have changed.

|

GETTY

PRINCESS ANNE AND PRINCE EDWARD

Andrew appears to be receiving some support from his siblings in private. Royal insiders claimed at the end of last year that Princess Anne and Prince Edward felt King Charles’s sanctions against Andrew were too severe after their brother was stripped of all his remaining royal titles.

However, following the latest release of the Epstein files, which have shed greater light on Andrew’s links to Jeffrey Epstein, Anne and Edward’s position is thought to have changed, and they are now in support of the action taken against the former Duke of York.

Prince Edward was the first member of the Royal Family to address Andrew’s links to Epstein following the release of the latest documents.

The King’s youngest brother told the audience at a Government Summit in Dubai: "I think it's all really important to always remember the victims and who are the victims in all this."

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has always denied the allegations against him and appearing in the Epstein files is not evidence of any wrongdoing. Inclusion in the documents does not implicate anyone in Epstein's criminality.

GB News has contacted Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and Sarah Ferguson on the above allegations.