Cuba warns US faces ‘bloodbath’ if Donald Trump launches military action against island
WATCH: Donald Trump declares a 'hand in hand' relationship with China and hails 'historic' state visit
|GB NEWS
The US President previously declared he believed he would have 'the honour of taking Cuba'
Don't Miss
Most Read
Cuba has issued a grave warning that any US military intervention against the island nation would result in "a bloodbath with incalculable consequences".
The country's president, Miguel Díaz-Canel, made the statement via social media, insisting his country presents no danger to other nations and harbours no desire to provoke Washington.
His remarks come amid mounting speculation about potential American military action against the Caribbean island.
Since returning to office, Donald Trump has made repeated references to seizing control of Cuba, suggesting he may deploy armed forces to achieve this goal.
"I do believe I'll have the honour of taking Cuba," the President told reporters shortly after Venezuelan leader Nicolás Maduro was captured.
Washington has intensified economic pressure on Havana by intercepting oil deliveries from other countries and assuming control of Venezuelan petroleum supplies, effectively severing Cuba's energy lifeline.
This blockade has triggered widespread power cuts across the island as bilateral relations deteriorate further.
On Monday, the US Treasury Department's Office of Foreign Assets Control imposed sanctions on nine Cuban citizens with government connections, citing their participation in Russian oil transactions.

Miguel Diaz-Canel insisted his country presents no danger to other nations
|GETTY
These measures arrived just days after reports emerged that American prosecutors are assembling criminal charges against former Cuban president Raúl Castro.
The anticipated indictment, potentially arriving as soon as Wednesday, relates to a 1996 incident when Cuban military aircraft downed two civilian planes over international waters, killing four members of a Cuban-exile organisation.
An unexpected participant has emerged in the ongoing diplomatic exchanges between Washington and Havana: Rodriguez Castro, grandson and personal security officer to the former president.
The younger Castro, known by the nickname "the crab", has attended sessions with senior State Department officials.
DONALD TRUMP - READ THE LATEST:

Donald Trump said he believed he would have 'the honour of taking Cuba' after capturing Venezuelan leader Nicolas Maduro
|GETTY
Last Thursday, a US delegation headed by intelligence chief John Ratcliffe travelled to Havana for discussions with Cuban interior ministry representatives.
The visit marked only the second occasion in history that an American intelligence director has entered Cuban territory, with the stated aim of providing assistance and reducing tensions.
Following these talks, a CIA representative informed CBS News that Washington would consider intervening on economic and security matters, provided Cuba implements substantial reforms.
Classified American intelligence documents released by Axios on Sunday alleged that Cuba possesses 300 drones and has considered targeting US installations at Guantanamo Bay and naval vessels near Key West in Florida.

Last Thursday, a US delegation travelled to Havana for discussions with Cuban interior ministry representatives
| GETTYThe documents, reportedly prepared as justification for military intervention, also claimed Iranian military officials were present in the Cuban capital.
Cuba's foreign minister Bruno Rodriguez responded on social media, accusing Washington of constructing "without any legitimate excuse" a "fraudulent file to justify the ruthless economic war against the Cuban people and the eventual military aggression."
Meanwhile, the humanitarian toll continues to mount, with the UN's Office on Humanitarian Assistance and the World Health Organisation urgently appealing for aid.
Power, fuel and medical supply shortages have affected more than 100,000 patients, with some areas experiencing blackouts lasting up to 20 hours.
Our Standards: The GB News Editorial Charter










