Abdul Ezedi manhunt: Friends and family of chemical attack victim release edited picture of mother and daughters

Abdul Ezedi manhunt: Friends and family of chemical attack victim release edited picture of mother and daughters

WATCH: Jacob Rees Mogg shares his thoughts on the chemical attack in Clapham

GB News
George Bunn

By George Bunn

Published: 08/02/2024

- 09:21

Updated: 08/02/2024

- 09:40

The national manhunt has entered its second week

An image of a mother and her daughters who were injured in the Clapham Common acid attack has been released.

The image, which has been edited with emojis to protect their identities, has been released as part of a crowdfunding appeal.

It comes as the manhunt for key suspect Abdul Ezedi entered its second week.

Earlier this week, the Metropolitan police revealed the motive behind the attack appears to be the breakdown of a relationship.

Three people with hearts on their face

The edited image on the fundraiser


The GoFundMe said: "Our friend is first and foremost a devoted and loving mother. Her children are her life. She is generous to a fault and a wonderful cook and host. All she has ever wanted is a safe home for her and her beautiful, kind little girls.

"As their loved ones we are still coming to terms with the fact that this monstrous attack will change their lives forever.

"It is difficult to imagine now how they will recover, and all we want is for them to be able to rebuild their lives. We cannot put into words how grateful we are to the heroic neighbours of Lessar Avenue.

"They risked their own lives to save them and we can only imagine how distressing the attack was for them too. They are angels in our eyes."


Abdul EzediAbdul Ezedi converted to Christianity before having his asylum claim approvedMetropolitan Police

The victim, a 31-year old-woman, may lose sight in her right eye and currently remains sedated in hospital.

Ezedi, 35-year-old was convicted of two sexual offences in Newcastle in 2018, prior to being granted asylum. The Metropolitan Police has now warned that his facial injuries following the attack could be fatal.

He was last spotted boarding a southbound Victoria line at King’s Cross station at 9pm on Wednesday, just over 90 minutes after the alkaline attack which left 12 people with injuries.

Authorities have offered a reward of up to £20,000 for information leading to the arrest of the suspect.

Commander Jon Savell said: "Our investigation team has been working tirelessly to piece together information to discover what happened.

"While we still retain an open mind, it appears the motivation for this truly awful attack is the breakdown of a relationship.

"The woman remains in a critical but stable condition in hospital. As we know she has very serious injuries and remains sedated and so poorly we haven't yet been able to speak to her.

"This was a senseless and cruel attack by a dangerous man – we urge anyone with information about Ezedi's whereabouts to contact us as matter of urgency. He is wanted for attempted murder."

You may like