Man Utd boss Ruben Amorim makes admission about Bruno Fernandes injury after Crystal Palace win

Jack Otway

By Jack Otway


Published: 30/11/2025

- 14:38

Updated: 30/11/2025

- 14:45

The Red Devils won 2-1 at Selhurst Park on Sunday

Manchester United boss Ruben Amorim has opened up on Bruno Fernandes after the Red Devils came from behind to beat Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park on Sunday.

Jean-Philippe Mateta put the hosts ahead in the 36th minute, with the Frenchman scoring a penalty at the second attempt after his first effort was disallowed following a VAR check.


United, however, came roaring back.

Joshua Zirkzee, starting up top once again in the absence of the injured Benjamin Sesko, levelled with a powerful strike in the 54th minute.

And Mason Mount secured all three points, with the England international's effort from the edge of the box sailing past Dean Henderson and into the net.

Towards the end of the contest, however, there was concern for Fernandes - who assisted both goals.

The Portugal international was seen holding his hamstring, sparking concerns that he could be unavailable for their next match against West Ham on Thursday night (8pm).

Ruben Amorim facts

Five things to know about Man Utd boss Ruben Amorim

|

PA

However, Amorim has confirmed that Fernandes only suffered a knock - and that his captain spoke to him about the issue following the match.

“It was just the kick,” Amorim said.

“I was shouting at him because he needs to learn. We make a substitution in the end. He needs to talk to the bench, but he said it was, like, just a kick. So everything is okay.”

Man Utd Bruno Fernandes

Bruno Fernandes appeared to suffer with a hamstring problem in the closing stages of Man Utd's win over Crystal Palace

|
GETTY

United were flat in the first-half against Palace.

They had gone into the game on the back of arguably their worst performance of the season, having lost to David Moyes' 10-men Everton earlier in the week.

After the interval the fallen giants were a team transformed, however, with Mount and Zirkzee emerging as heroes as they fired their side to victory.

Zirkzee, in particular, has been a curious figure ever since his arrival back in the summer transfer window of 2024.

His goal was his first in 25 Premier League appearances, with the Netherlands international coming good in the absence of the injured Benjamin Sesko.

And Amorim was pleased to see his team improve after a slow start, with the victory firing them up to sixth in the Premier League table before the other matches later in the day.

Man United Joshua Zirkzee Mason Mount

Man United beat Crystal Palace 2-1 following goals from Mason Mount and Joshua Zirkzee

|

GETTY

“I think we have more intensity in the second half,” added the 40-year-old.

“We play better in the second half, and the opponent in the second half was more tired, so, everything in connected.

“But again, the small things, the way that Josh controls the ball in the second half was different, the way we defend second balls was different, so these small details make the difference, and then the talent in front, we scored two.”

United won't have too long to reflect on their victory.

With the games coming thick and fast amid the festive period, they'll be hoping to make it back-to-back wins when they face West Ham on Thursday.

As for Palace, Oliver Glasner will be hoping his side can return to winning ways when they face Burnley on Wednesday night (7.30pm).