Prince William 'lost his voice' following night celebrating Aston Villa triumph
WATCH: Prince William shared personal footage as Aston Villa win Europa League
|GB NEWS

The Prince of Wales was spotted enjoying celebrations following Villa's triumph last night... and he was paying the price for it this morning
Don't Miss
Most Read
The Prince of Wales revealed today he has lost his voice following a night celebrating Aston Villa's European triumph, as he visited Cornwall this afternoon.
Prince William sported a blue shirt and claret tie, paying homage to his beloved football club, as he toured the Duchy of Cornwall's estate, such as the ambitious Market Street scheme, representing the first new high street of its kind constructed in Britain for more than a century.
Set for completion in 2028, the development will feature a blend of retail units, restaurants and cafes, office space, and a mammoth 24,500 square foot Tesco supermarket.
But the future king revealed that he was suffering from the effects of a long night of alcohol-fuelled jubilation, after Aston Villa lifted their first piece of silverware in 30 years.
When asked about his side's success, he quipped about losing his voice, which was noticeably scratchy: "I’m trying not to talk about it all day!"
The prince stepped out in sunglasses this afternoon, possibly to protect sore eyes and a rough head, and shielding him from the glaring south coast sun.
As he shook hands with locals, one posed the all-important question: "I just thought I'd ask, did you have any sleep last night?"
William laughed before responding: "You might hear it in my voice. On best behaviour!"

The Prince of Wales revealed today he has lost his voice following a night of celebrating Aston Villa's European triumph, as he visited Cornwall this afternoon
|PA
He later apologised to the residents for sounding so hoarse, admitting: "I’m losing my voice."
But the football chat extended further than William's late night on Wednesday.
Two children revealed their allegiances lay with Arsenal, who won the Premier League for the first time in 22 years on Tuesday.
"You've got a big match next week," William told them, referring to their Champions League final clash with Paris Saint-Germain.
LATEST ROYAL NEWS

The prince stepped out in sunglasses this afternoon, possibly to protect sore eyes and a rough head, and shielding him from the glaring south coast sun
|PA
When informed that another young girl was a Chelsea fan, William revealed: "My daughter loves Chelsea."
This is despite William telling the BBC previously: "I try not to be too biased, I said you can support anyone but Chelsea," when discussing who Prince George supports.
He has since attended multiple Villa games with his father.
Following this, the Prince of Wales recorded a birthday message after being stopped by Mark O’Mahoney, who asked to send his best wishes to his partner, Rebecca Spencer.
"Rebecca, happy birthday, what birthday is it?" he asked, and when he was told it was 38, he joked, "Quite a few candles."
Hilariously, the prince realised the camera had not been recording, forcing him to re-send the message.
He also participated in creating clay handprints alongside Nansledan residents and construction workers, with the impressions destined to be displayed throughout the finished scheme.
The Duke then inspected the Duchy of Cornwall's inaugural housing initiative, designed specifically to combat homelessness in the region.
The initial phase provides temporary housing for 16 individuals, comprising two four-bedroom properties and eight one-bedroom flats, with the first residents expected to move in this summer.
Our Standards: The GB News Editorial Charter










