Prince William offers support as he is 'moved by courage' of Gazan children treated by NHS

Fintan Starkey

By Fintan Starkey


Published: 29/11/2025

- 22:00

The Prince of Wales has also sent his sympathies to the victims of the flooding in Wales

Prince William has revealed he was “moved by the courage” of the children of Gaza who had to be evacuated to the UK for specialist care.

50 children and their immediate families had been brought to Britain from Gaza for treatment as of November 21, the Department of Health and Social Care confirmed.


A Kensington Palace spokesman said on Saturday: “Recently His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales met a small number of children from Gaza who are currently receiving specialist care in the UK.

“The Prince wished to offer a moment of comfort to these young people who have endured experiences no child should ever face.”

Prince William

Prince William has offered his heartfelt support for Gazan children as well as the NHS

|

GETTY

“The Prince was also able to offer his heartfelt gratitude to the NHS teams providing exceptional care during such a profoundly difficult time.

“His Royal Highness was moved by the courage shown by the children and their families and by the dedication of the team who are supporting them with such professionalism and humanity.”

The Prince of Wales also met Palestinian children during a 2018 visit to a refugee camp to learn about the lives of Arabs on the West Bank.

A Government spokesman said on Saturday: “The Government worked with partners to carry out medical evacuations from Gaza to the UK over the autumn.

“50 patients and their immediate family members are now receiving care in surroundings that are safe and welcoming.

“Following the ceasefire, now is the time to scale-up aid and ensure much-needed medicines and medical supplies are getting into Gaza, so that families can access the healthcare they need.

Prince William

Prince William was moved by the courage shown by the children

|

GETTY

“We stand ready to continue to provide health-related support to the people of Gaza.”

More than seven years ago, William met with the Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas Ramallah, on the West Bank, before travelling to the Jalazone camp, which was home to around 15,000 people at the time.

The Prince also shared a message with the people affected by the devastating impact of Storm Claudia.

In a message from Kensington Palace sent to Paul Matthews, chief executive of Monmouthshire County Council, William said: "Catherine and I were shocked to see the devastating floods that hit the region and wanted to offer our support to the communities of North Monmouthshire as you work to repair and rebuild your homes and livelihoods.

"From the business owners of Monmouth to the resolute residents of Skenfrith and the farmers of Abergavenny, these remarkably resilient communities will come together, as before, to support one another as you get back on your feet.

Prince William and Princess KatePrince William and Princess Kate are 'shocked' by the flooding in Wales. | PA

"We must also thank the emergency responders who acted with speed and the professionalism needed to keep everyone safe when the water overwhelmed.

"The long process of recovery will be hard and fraught with worry each time the weather turns, but please know you are all very much in our thoughts at this time."