New polling delivers damning verdict as all members of the Royal Family see their popularity drop

Fintan Starkey

By Fintan Starkey


Published: 19/02/2026

- 14:21

Updated: 19/02/2026

- 14:29

The polling was taken prior to Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s arrest

New polling data has delivered a damning verdict for the Royal Family, as the data reveals public perception of the royals is down in almost every measure.

The data taken by Ipsos from February 13-16, showcases a significant drop in popularity since November last year.


Less than a third of the British public believes the Royal Family has dealt with Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor well since allegations were first made against him.

Only 28 per cent believe that the actions King Charles has taken have been adequate.

IPSOS polling

A new poll has shown that popularity has dropped across the board for the Royal Family.

|

IPSOS

A overwhleming 82 per cent of the UK population views Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor as unfavourable, an increase of four per cent from the last poll taken in November.

The royal to have the biggest fall in popularity, however, is Princess Anne, who saw a staggering drop of nine per cent since November.

Prince William is not far behind his aunt as his popularity has dropped from 71 per cent in November to 63 per cent this month.

Support for King Charles fell substantially, suffering a nine per cent drop in the confidence of His Majesty, sitting at 46 per cent.

Transparency has also been an issue for the public, as only 40 per cent of the public think the Royal Family has become more transparent since King Charles ascended to the throne.

Prior to the former Duke of York's arrest on Thursday, 62 per cent of the British public were aware of the Epstein files and the scandals surrounding Andrew and Lord Mandelson.

Ipsos polling

The vast majority of the polling fely unfavourably towards Andrew Mountbatten Windsor

|

IPSOS

36 per cent of the sample stated that they had not been following the information regarding the two closely.

Ipsos sampled 1,086 members of the public from ages 18-75 across the three days.

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor was arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office on Thursday.

Thames Valley Police, said in a statement confirming the arrest: "As part of the investigation, we have today (19/2) arrested a man in his sixties from Norfolk on suspicion of misconduct in public office and are carrying out searches at addresses in Berkshire and Norfolk.

"The man remains in police custody at this time.

"We will not be naming the arrested man, as per national guidance. Please also remember that this case is now active so care should be taken with any publication to avoid being in contempt of court."

Assistant Chief Constable Oliver Wright said: "Following a thorough assessment, we have now opened an investigation into this allegation of misconduct in public office.

Wood Farm

Police vehicles were spotted arriving at the Sandringham estate in Norfolk this morning, where Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor is currently residing

|
BAV MEDIA

"It is important that we protect the integrity and objectivity of our investigation as we work with our partners to investigate this alleged offence.

"We understand the significant public interest in this case, and we will provide updates at the appropriate time."

GB News has contacted Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor on the above allegations.

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has always strongly denied any allegations against him.