'I started getting loads of hate!' Music venue blasts social media campaign following cancellation of punk star Michale Graves

'I started getting loads of hate!' Music venue blasts social media campaign following cancellation of punk star Michale Graves
“I started getting loads of hate” Worcestershire music venue blasts social media campaign following cancellation of Trump-supporting punk star Michale Graves |

GB NEWS

Kieran Everson

By Kieran Everson


Published: 20/02/2026

- 21:28

The musician has abandoned his planned UK gigs

The owner of a Worcester music venue has warned of "cancel culture" after a Donald Trump-supporting punk rocker binned his UK tour dates following a sustained online campaign.

Speaking exclusively to GB News, the owner of The Marrs Bar, Brian Marrs, revealed Michale Graves, who was the lead vocialist for Misfits, abandoned his planned shows in Britain.


Appearing on Martin Daubney’s show, Mr Marrs said: “Last Wednesday, I started getting a load of hate on social media saying that this should be pulled because the man is a Nazi, and therefore so am I.

“I am a music promoter, that’s all I do. I don’t care what side of the fence people stand politically. I have had many more left-leaning bands play my stage.

“All these people bought tickets to listen to a man’s musical talent. It is very sad, really, that we are in this state in society”

Green Party councillor Neil Laurenson previously called on the venue to cancel Mr Graves’ performance over his "fascist" views.

In a Facebook post, Mr Marrs claimed he received an email from a local politician urging him to cancel a forthcoming performance.

Mr Marr wrote: “We will continue to uphold our long‑standing commitment to artistic diversity, independence, and the principle that cultural spaces should remain free from political interference.”

Singer

Michale Graves is a punk singer who formerly led the vocals for ‘Misfits’

|

GETTY

Mr Graves has denied advocating "racism, violence or the exclusion of anyone based on race, religion, gender or identity".

In 2020, the singer endorsed the Proud Boys on social media in a post which was later deleted.

He also testified in defence of several members when they were tried over the part they played in the Capitol riots of January 6, 2021.

Four people were convicted of offences regarding attempts to overturn the US president's defeat in the 2020 election, sentences which were pardoned or commuted.

Owner

Brian Marrs revealed Michale Graves abandoned his planned gigs

|

GB NEWS

In a statement, Mr Graves said some groups can get "broadly labelled" as a result of certain "actions and events" and might cause "understandable alarm".

"But those portrayals do not reflect my personal beliefs or values," he added.

"My shows have always been about music, connection and shared experience, with audiences from all cultures and walks of life who are welcomed and respected."

More From GB News