Arts chief who 'compared Reform voters to Nazi supporters' urged to resign over 'divisive agenda'
'The Tories time is up!' | Darren Grimes clashes with Conservatives on Reform
|GB NEWS

His comments were also said to have breached 'the commitment made by the Prime Minister and civil society groups that pledged to stand with the Jewish community'
Don't Miss
Most Read
The chairman of the Southbank Centre has been urged to resign after he faced accusations of pushing a divisive agenda.
Misan Harriman, the Oscar-nominated filmmaker who chairs London's largest arts venue, sparked controversy for appearing to suggest there was a media "conspiracy" to make the Golders Green knife attack about the Jewish victims.
He argued that there was no focus on a Muslim man who was allegedly stabbed by the same person in an incident earlier that day.
The comments have prompted a letter calling for Mr Harriman to resign as chairman of the London cultural landmark.
The demand, from members of a group including Danny Cohen, the former BBC director of television, the author and historian Lord Roberts of Belgravia, David Kershaw, a former Southbank Centre trustee and Neil Blair, JK Rowling’s agent, read: "It is time for him to go."
The signatories claimed the chairman was making "daily interventions on social media pushing a divisive political agenda" using his public platform.
His comments were also said to have breached "the commitment made by the Prime Minister and civil society groups that pledged to stand with the Jewish community after the recent Golders Green and Heaton Park attacks".
The group added: "All of this is hugely damaging to the reputation of the Southbank [which] is facing huge funding challenges to repair its crumbling concrete and outdated facilities."

Misan Harriman is the Oscar-nominated filmmaker who chairs London's largest arts venue
| GETTYThey added: "Harriman’s appointment was a misstep by an institution that requires serious leadership. It is time for him to go."
It comes after Mr Harriman faced accusations of drawing parallels between Reform UK voters and supporters of the Nazi regime.
In an Instagram video posted in response to recent local election results, the photographer described Reform UK's growing electoral success as "a warning" whilst referencing historical discussions about the Third Reich's ascent to power.
The Southbank Centre chairman's remarks drew fierce criticism from Jewish organisations and senior political figures.
LATEST DEVELOPMENTS
The Southbank Centre issued a statement condemning antisemitism | GETTYFiona Sharpe from Labour Against Antisemitism previously demanded his removal from the Southbank Centre, saying: "Whatever his political views are, to diminish the systematic state-sponsored murder of six million Jews, just for being Jews, in this particular climate in Britain, is abhorrent."
Robert Jenrick, Reform's Treasury spokesman, branded the comparison "disgusting", telling the Daily Mail: "Comparing the millions who voted Reform on Thursday to the Nazis is disgusting. This crass moron should be nowhere near a taxpayer-funded organisation."
Mr Harriman characterised this observation as "really topical" given the recent council election outcomes.
He said: "The surge of Reform is real. It is a surge, and it should be a warning and a rallying call at the same time."

The signatories claimed the chairman was making 'daily interventions on social media pushing a divisive political agenda' using his public platform
| GETTYHe added that Reform voters were "not devils" but had been influenced by "certain newspapers" and "certain charlatans."
A spokesman from the Southbank Centre said: “The Southbank Centre is an inclusive and welcoming place for everyone including our artists, audience and all colleagues.
"The Southbank Centre condemns all forms of antisemitism, hatred and discrimination. All Southbank Centre board members, including the chair, have the right to exercise their freedom of expression within the law.
"The personal views of individual members of our board do not represent the views of the Southbank Centre and in no way affect our programming nor the welcome that we extend to all."
Our Standards: The GB News Editorial Charter










