Jay Slater: Forensic police ‘spotted at Airbnb’ at centre of mystery investigation despite calling off search

Jay Slater: Forensic police ‘spotted at Airbnb’ at centre of mystery investigation despite calling off search

Jay Slater: Journalist says forensic police are BACK at Airbnb

GB NEWS
Ben Chapman

By Ben Chapman


Published: 03/07/2024

- 09:06

Updated: 03/07/2024

- 09:14

Desperate attempts to find the 19-year-old have been carried out since he vanished

Police have returned to the Airbnb at the centre of the Jay Slater investigation despite announcing a dramatic halt to their search efforts over the weekend, according to a reporter.

Desperate attempts to find the 19-year-old have been carried out since he vanished after attending NRG Festival in Tenerife over two weeks ago.


Speaking on GB News, MailOnline reporter Nick Pisa addressed some of the case’s “unanswered questions”.

He said questions have to be asked about why the police have opted to return to one of Slater’s last known locations.

Jay Slater and Nick Pisa

Nick Pisa says forensic police were spotted at one of Slater's last known locations

HANDOUT / GB NEWS

“I noticed that the forensic police were back at the Airbnb where Jay went back to after that after party”, he said.

“He went back with these two mystery British men who the police have deemed irrelevant.

“But you do have to ask yourself, if they’re irrelevant, why were the forensic police back at that house?

“Despite the extensive search involving drones, dogs and a helicopter, there is absolutely no trace of him.

“As we know, that search was called off on Sunday, and the police are now saying that they are keeping the investigation open and are looking at other lines of inquiry, but they are refusing to go into what those other lines of inquiry are.”

The 19-year-old’s mother has spoken out on the “pain and agony” she has suffered after searches in Tenerife failed to trace her son.

Jay SlaterJay Slater had been in Tenerife for the NRG music festival when he disappearedPA

In a statement issued through the British overseas missing persons charity LBT Global, Debbie Duncan said the land search for her son has been called off, but thanked the Guardia Civil who she said had “worked tirelessly up in the mountains where Jay’s last phone call was traced”.

The 19-year-old, from Oswaldtwistle, Lancashire, disappeared on June 17 after setting off to walk back to his accommodation on the holiday island.

His mother’s statement said: “We are a very close family and are absolutely devastated about his disappearance.

“Words cannot describe the pain and agony we are experiencing. He is our beautiful boy with his whole life ahead of him and we just want to find him.”

Eamonn Holmes, Ellie Costello and Nick Pisa

Nick Pisa spoke on GB News about the missing teen

GB NEWS

Helicopters, drones and search dogs were deployed to find the apprentice bricklayer.

Slater went to the holiday island on June 13 to attend the NRG music festival with two friends before his disappearance.

His last known location was the Rural de Teno Park in the north of the Canary Island – which was about an 11-hour walk from his accommodation.

You may like

{% if context.post.roar_specific_data and context.post.roar_specific_data.affiliate_post %} {% elif %} {% endfor %}