A total of 56 Labour MPs defied Sir Keir Starmer's orders to vote for a ceasefire.
Cllr Chohan, who co-wrote the original ceasefire letter, claimed he had nothing to do with the email later sent by Cllr Giles.
In the joint-letter, the two Kingston councillors wrote: "To be clear and stating the obvious, antisemitism is wholly unacceptable.
"However, this term cannot continue to be weaponsied to absolve Israel of any accountability in how it has contributed to the ongoing tensions and its failure to comply with international law.”
Appearing on GB News yesterday, Cllr Giles said: "My endeavour, together with Conservative Cllr Jamal Chohan who co-wrote the letter, is to provide, if you like, a national voice on this issue from representatives locally to national leaders, from all parties and none."
Activists demanded Sir Keir Starmer support a ceasefire in PalestinePA
He claimed a total of 500 councillors signed the cross-party letter.
In a statement released on Sunday night, Cllr Giles said: "There is no intention to publish names of councillors that do not respond to our email, nor is there any intention to publish the names of any individuals against their will."
The statement added: “We would encourage any elected representatives that have been threatened to contact the police as this cannot be tolerated.
"We will continue our democratic duty to engage in debate.”
Giles previously worked as an engagement manager for former Labour and Respect MP George Galloway.
Galloway, who was sacked from TalkRadio in 2019 after claiming Liverpool’s victory over Tottenham Hotspur in the Champions League final meant there would be “no Israel flags on the cup”, included Giles in his campaign team in the 2021 Batley & Spen by-election.
Pro-Palestinian protesters march through central London to call for an immediate ceasefire in GazaGETTY
The Local Government Association said the threat to compile a list of councillors “went against everything it stood for”.
Cllr Shaun Davies, chair of the LGA, confirmed an investigation is underway.
He said: “Pending investigation, Cllr Giles has stood down from all formal positions within the Local Government Association and all upcoming speaking opportunities at our events, with immediate effect.”
A spokesman for Kingston Council said: “Our primary concern is the security and safety of our residents, elected members, staff and our local communities, whilst encouraging tolerance and community cohesion.
“The campaign that has been brought to our attention by many is an initiative of individual councillors and is not Kingston Council led or endorsed.
“We are currently looking into the details surrounding this matter and are unable to provide any further comment at this stage.”